INSTALLATION STEP BY STEP
MODELS: Patones, Langa, Burgos Panel, Bilbao, Lugo, Berlin, Amazona, Galicia, Zamora, Boston
All these products are models which are placed without join, maintaining the horizontality of the panels breaking the vertical lines.
The simplicity and speed of their placement allow execute works of large surfaces without interfering with other working phases:
- Clean the placement surface, for the preparation of background support (Photo 1)
- Refining the pieces of manufacturing waste (photo 2)
- Mark levels on the wall every 30/40 cm to ensure the horizontality during placement
- Start the placement with the corner s, from the bottom upwards alternating the short side with the long side (photo 5)
- Spread the glue cement with a trowel or a trowel on the wall over a surface that allows the glue cement to be placed within the working time (30min) (photo 3)
- Extend another layer of cement glue on the entire surface of the retro part of the tile (double glued) (photo 4)
- Apply the piece to the wall, exerting an adequate pressure and helping with small movements. Circular molds that prevent the formation of gaps between the stone and the wall. (photo 6)
- Check periodically that the material placed is covered with cement glue all over its back.
- Take levels every two or three rows to check the horizontality of these. Move away from the wall also helps to understand the correct execution of the wall. (photo 8)
- If necessary, cut the pieces with a radial with a diamond disc.
MODELS: Burgos, Zermat, Logroño, Torla, Lecco, Avila, Rome, Berna, Viena, Zurich, Tivoli
These models can be placed with or without joints, with more or less joints, you must be careful to break the horizontal and vertical lines. These models allow different finishes such as with mortar: deep sore,… etc. They donate a realism to the wall without architectural compromises.
- Open more boxes of material and position the pieces on the floor so that the different dimensions can be seen correctly to simulate the result on the wall.
- Clean the placement surface, (for the preparation of the fund refer to the dedicated section (photo 1)
- Start the placement with the corners, from the bottom upwards alternating the short side with the long side (photo 6)
- Spread the glue cement with a trowel on the wall for a surface that allows the placement of the adhesive cement, ( opening time 30 min) (photo 3)
- Extend another layer of cement glue on the entire surface of the back side of the tile (double glued). (photo 4)
- Apply the piece to the wall by exercising adequate pressure and helping with small circular motions that prevent the formation of dangerous gaps between the stone and the wall. (photo 7)
- Check periodically that the placed material is uniformly covered with cement glue all over its back.
- Keep cement glue´s thickness less than 1 cm.
- Maintain a certain linearity in the placement. (photo 9)
- If necessary, cut the pieces with a radial with a diamond disc, or simply hitting with a pallet behind the piece in the vicinity of the cut. The cut will be irregular and will give a more real effect to the wall. The pieces can be profiled with a pair of pliers.
- Parts that are broken or split because of transport can be reused as if they were cut pieces.
- Prepare the Kopiedra cement mortar well beaten.
- Cut the pastry sleeve or pastry bag the size of the joint.
- Refill the pastry bag.
- Seal the joint, trying to cover the gaps between stones and the cuts of the
pieces according to the desired effect. (photo 11)
- Wait between 30 and 40 minutes and pass a small wooden stick
to refine the sore according to the desired effect. (photo12)
- Gently clean the dust and debris to finished work with a
Soft brush. (photo 13)
MODELS: Assisi, Everest, Arties, Aranes, Dublin, Vielha, Madrid, Asturias, Milan, Bulnes, Tena
They are a mixture of models in each box, and are ready for placement. We advise selecting the pieces from two or more boxes at the same time.
Display the material on the ground creating a composition similar to the one we are going to place on the wall. The pieces on the floor outside the boxes, help to understand their shapes and colors.
It is necessary to mix the pieces taking care of the embedding of colors and dimensions, from clear tones to side of dark ones, large pieces next to small ones. The correct weighting of these aspects, together with the cleanliness of the placement will give a uniform appearance to the wall.
The procedure is then followed as for the models with joints from point 2.
MODELS: Luisiana, Toledo, Voltoya
The placement of the brick follows exactly the same steps as the models with joint. It is
necessary to mark the wall with levels every meter and to control frequently the horizontality of the façade, in order to prevent any unevenness in the wall.